Vienna High Altitude Balloon entry #5 T-06:30:00

First off, sorry for my not keeping you up to date, finishing the payload just took precedence over posting.
We set off to Slovakia on sat 30.8.2013 at 00:00 to meet the awesome guys from stsproject.net 2 hours later. We arrived at 02:30 and I had to finish the payload since our radio burned some days earlier (our replacement did unfortunately not arrive in time, no hard feelings tho:). Dano resoldered their RFB22B on our break-out board nad I started to set it up to transmit at 300 bd at 438.020 MHz int RTTY. locally it worked well but I made a huge mistake…

Fist some pre flight pics:

My first received telemetry:
RTTY_RCV_local
The reset circuit is in place:
Reset_circuit
First assemled:
first_assembled
Put it together on-site:
on_site_assemled
the STS project was nice enough to lend us a backup tracker – their v2 version:
STSv2_tracker
to calculate lift and filling it is important to weight the complete setup:
wheit_scale
the guys filled the balloons:
filling
while I was playing waiting:
prepare for launch
after launch I got no seat in a SAR-car so I had to track them and the balloons at our launch-pad:
the waiting game
Because I am an ass, you will have to wait for pics of the launch and rescue. I’ll have the video complete asap but I had a 36 hour day doing this and my flat looks like fallout after the building. All I say is that I made a terrible mistake (STUPID BITS!!!!!!!) and without the help of STS project we would have failed 100% so its only ~66%..

thanks for tuning in!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image