I had to get rid of the batteries and had some fun with them before giving ’em away. Have fun with the sizzeling frankfurter goodness 😉
Here is the continuation:
Who would have thought that a fuse will be the culprit…?
Several years ago Dave Jones posted a vid about a very simple current sink and I wasn’t too successful replicating it then on prototyping board and went on to make one a little different. lately I wanted to go back and do it properly this time to test the mini-psu’s and the sources on my broken Tektronix 2236. I think it became a neat little build and plan to expand on it putting it into the multi module case with some atmega and 7-segment displays. Here is the vid:
A zip file containing everything is here: DC_load
What started out as a simple build of a throw in power supply quickly turns into the mystery of the too-low-output-voltage. Watch the first part here:
How will the circuit be analyzed? What will be the solution?
Tune in next week when the quest continues!
First I discovered that you actually can use a steel nail as a drill 😀
And then I finally made me a new RCA <-> phono jack for my amp:
Have fun! see you then…
So I put the old insulation transformers case to retirement and put it into this new space-saving case to fit my bench perfectly besides the old Heathkit VTVM. I can just repeat my warning: THIS IS NOT legally an insulation transformer! I do NOT use it to be able to touch its output, I only use it as a current limiter on newly built circuits. So enough for the legal crap, enjoy the video:
So Folks, its been a while, with little time on my hand and less to spare for the blog there hasn’t been much activity in the last month. This, of course, has to change and so here are some teasers for what to come later this year. Lets start off with a fresh bowl of chips:
One last word: testicles
That is all.
And I had some more time on my hand to visit the legen-wait for it-dairy roböxotica. Where a lot of fine folks work on making Asimov’s vision come true.
So lets just start at the entrance:
The Cock’s Bar was right behind the door after you ascended to the second floor.
The whole thing
didn’t just looks as creepy as these pics:) I liked the machine (they had a very sophisticated set-up only the drink was a little too sweet and too strong for my taste but they made up by manually manually tweaking my drink. No! not what you mean the guy at the MASCHIENENKONSOLE (sorry folks, couldn’t keep names that night 😉 put some numbers in his laptop and there i got some extra orange juice!
Then my lady and me stumbled across the LoveBot 4000 where we got cranberry-vodka shots when we kissed before it. Awesome idea Folks!
Sorry folks, the only pic I got shows two friends of mine and I don’t show their image without consent.
Next up was the MELMACC, and I had at least 4 drinks made by it and I have to say, the night went blurry from there on.
And not only does it make your drink it like above, no no no, it makes it anti-Bond style with an extra: The straw gets a sticker with the drinks name on it and if you ordered from facebook you’d get your username on it too!
…and it’s brains are running on some fpga and an eee-PC. Where could you go wrong? Some guy said that they were rocking the party for years with this incredible machine.
And finally the weirdest of all: Reverse Miracle by Veronika Krenn and Oliver Kellow.
They made the miracle of converting perfectly good wine to water possible. In a two-step process first the alcohol is evaporated chilled through a water-cooled pipe and collected in a glass container. When the evil spirits are gone, a little turntable turns and purified water leaves the pipe: Reverse miracle!
Tough I had a great time, I had to move on to a birthday party – and well lets just say I only had two beers there :)….
So my Tek 2236 grew some problems in the Display control section. Luckily I stumbled across a Russian C1-.94 (speak S1-94) with some DIN-5 Plug for input. I asked the guys on Fingers’ Forum for help and voilà some parts out of the grab box and my adapter is ready:
Here I still ha a little GND connection problem, fixed now (the C1-94 is floating atm, I’ll replace the old calble asap)
Thanks again shpank, Henning and Reutron!