Sooo, I finallly got around setting up my raspberry, nothing too special but maybe it helps some people.
The thing with the screen was rather easily resolved (if only I could have been able to see something :).
It involves pretty much tinkering and the trapezoid picture of the tube didn’t help.
In the end I added to the /boot/config.txt file to this:
The framebuffer_width/height are set back to normal.
So a few days ago my PC just went out and a elyt cap released its magic smoke. Turns out it was the power on circuitry. Dammn! The board wouldn’t power on anymore so I had to suck it up and pay some $$ for a new machine – only problem: my olde xp wouldn’t boot anymore so I couldnt use the old pinnacle video editing software that came with some tv card years ago. Dammnit! But I wanted to put out at least the two RBOC videos I had lined up so I looked for some alternatives that would work on ubuntu. I had tested some of it about 2 years ago and became very frustrated with the state of OSS video editing software. KINO didnt do anything and all the other things I tried wouldn’t desever the alpha state. But now I tried OpenShot. I must say its far from perfect – hell, I couldn’t use it in a day to day basis, but its almost there for me.
Whats Cool: it almost has everything I need. Cutting, titles, two tracs, fadings. thats it. And it can export h264 (if you installed non-free). The video quality is amazing (actually better than my old sw).
What I need: The most important thing is that I would need a waveform display of the audio in the video track. Without it its basically impossible for me to cut the quirks out of my vids. Thats the most important thing. Other than that its just a basic whishlist: double click on the preview makes fullscreen, the arrangment of controls looks unfinished and undesigned, the titles system could be a bit more streamlined. Its just stuff like that.
If the software grows in this direction it could easily become my primary video editing tool. I don’t need fancy transitions or effects just the basics. with this, my whole production process would be OSS completely. So long your AE
PS.: Almost forgot: I need to import from the camera directly, I know many ppl don’t use tapes anymore but I just don’t have the cash for a new cam 😀 and dvgrab is the opposite of workflow…
Several years ago Dave Jones posted a vid about a very simple current sink and I wasn’t too successful replicating it then on prototyping board and went on to make one a little different. lately I wanted to go back and do it properly this time to test the mini-psu’s and the sources on my broken Tektronix 2236. I think it became a neat little build and plan to expand on it putting it into the multi module case with some atmega and 7-segment displays. Here is the vid:
Finally I took matters to to an end and got me a new laminator since the one I had before was /way/ too big for my new flat. It has two heated drums which is important to have an even heating and so prevent warping. Of course this does not prevent it altogether (2 materials) but it is way better than the one heated drum before.
The thing is called Peach PL713 but its not available on amazon right now (only the peach “photo”). So mybe you can find one just as cheaply at your local office supplies store. For Etching I use sodium persulfate With 100g per 500 ml (go metric! :D). Have fun and see you next time!
I was trying to repair my tek 2236 and was in need of measuring a -2kV line, only problem: my best Multimeter can only do 1000 V so I had to yank up 30 3k3 Ohm resistors in series to make a 100M Ohm Resistor. All put into some trash plastic tube makes a usable series resistor for the MM.
Be sure to watch the safety advice and keep your hands off the circuit under test!